Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Mirror . . . Reality

Later-ish post today - it was a great day to go surfing!

Back from Kailua Beach, I resumed my normal routine of making myself feel like a garden loser by reading Sunset's Patio and Stone.  My garden looks NOTHING like the ones in the book.  This realization came as quite a surprise, I can tell you.  Once I got over the shock, it came to me that I have the same relationship that Harry Potter does with the Mirror of Erised a la Nathan Rarick.  You know: Mirror . . . REALITY.




In that spirit, I'm going to start posting Mirror . . . REALITY posts every so often.  It's only a little depressing and embittering.


So here's the first Mirror:



Design and photograph by Mosaic Gardens
REALITY:



Separated at birth


Similar, right?  You can see how I'd mistake the two in my head.


Finally: Join and/or support Debate and Speech teams!  If you're a community member, consider judging at tournaments.  Participation in either is one of the best indicators of success at university.  It's a lot of fun, you'll learn a lot, and you'll have a lot more faith in tomorrow's leaders.


Oh, and maybe watch Part 1 of Nathan Rarick's Harry Potter video.  












No comments:

Post a Comment